Monday, March 26, 2012

Winter!

We took a trip up to the mountain to play in the snow. Bryson had a great time sledding and having snowball fights. Kyle seemed most interested in eating the snow and making snow cake for me to eat. Kyle was a little afraid of sledding and disliked wearing mittens or a hat. Luckily it was quite warm and we were all overdressed. We stayed overnight in a hotel and went swimming in the hot tub the next day (the pool was much too cold). Bryson is getting much braver in the water and will occasionally put his whole head under! Kyle is still afraid to put his head in.

The most amazing part of the trip was that we were able to eat in restaurants twice (for the entire meal!). We were pretty worried when we walked into the restaurant for dinner, there were candles on the table, cloth napkins and it was very quiet. We were so tired we didn't want to go elsewhere and decided to give it a try. Both boys were great for the entire meal! I think it was the first time Ken and I were able to finish our meal and drink at ease. Right about the time Ken asked for the check, the kids resumed their usual crazy antics, but we were able to head out to the car in time. Breakfast in the morning went great as well, the best part of the trip!

I ran in my first 15K (9 mile) race in March, the Shamrock run. The middle three miles were all up hill! The weather was rainy but not as cold as I was expecting. I had a great time, I survived the hills and was able to pick up the pace on the downhill to the finish line. I did it in 1hr 36 min (10+ minute mile)! I feel pretty optimistic about the half-marathon in May. The running is actually easier than I thought it would be, but I would never want to do more than 13 miles!

No comments: